Strawberry Ricotta Bruschetta
Yield: ~20 bruschetta slices
Serving size: 2 bruschetta
1 whole-grain baguette, sliced in ~1/4” thick slices
1/4 cup olive oil
For bruschetta topping
2 cups finely chopped strawberries
1 1/2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
Pinch of coarse sea salt
2 tablespoons chopped fresh mint
2 tablespoons chopped fresh basil
2 cups ricotta cheese
For balsamic glaze (yield: 1 cup glaze)
2 cups balsamic vinegar
¼ cup maple syrup (optional, for a sweeter glaze)
1. Preheat oven to 375°. Line baking sheet with parchment paper.
2. Brush baguette slices evenly with olive oil and place on lined baking sheet. Toast until lightly golden, about 15 minutes. Set aside to cool.
3. Prepare the balsamic glaze: Combine balsamic vinegar with maple syrup (if using) in small saucepan. Bring to a boil, then lower heat to simmer. Stir occasionally until the mixture has reduced by half, about 10 minutes. The reduction should stick to the back of a spoon. Set aside.
4. Combine the strawberries with olive oil and pinch of sea salt. Gently mix in the chopped herbs.
5. Spread each baguette slice evenly with ricotta cheese and top each with strawberry mixture (~1 ½ tablespoons each of the ricotta cheese and the strawberries). Drizzle balsamic glaze over the top of each.